Remmina is a Linux application that can be used as client to connect to other computers through different protocols such as SSH, VNC, RDP and a few more.
Allows to create multiple profiles that can be saved and used for new connections, make direct connections to servers, it has a tabbed interface, allows scalable and full screen windows.
It supports plugins.
To install it on Linux Mint 18.2 Open Konsole like below:
Then run the below command
sudo apt-get install remmina remmina-plugin-vnc remmina-plugin-rdp
The Main features about the application are:
Remmina main program
- Maintain a list of connection profiles, organized by groups
- Make quick connections by directly putting in the server address
- Remote desktops with higher resolutions are scrollable/scalable in both window and fullscreen mode.
- Viewport fullscreen mode: remote desktop automatically scrolls when the mouse moves over the screen edge.
- Floating toolbar in fullscreen mode, allows you to switch between modes, toggle keyboard grabbing, minimize, etc.
- Tabbed interface, optionally managed by groups.
- Tray icon, allows you to quickly access configured connection profiles
- A GTK+ 3 application.
- RDP, VNC, NX, XDMCP, SSH, Telepathy